Friday, July 17, 2015

Killer Bee Honey - Delicious

Since the rain won't stop, it was time to bottle the honey from last weeks bee removal of Africanized Honey Bees.  It's recommended to leave the honey to settle for several days to remove the air bubbles.  We use quite a bit of honey in our diet and this came at the perfect time as we were running low.  The flavor of this honey is out of this world.  Absolutely delicious. 
Delicious honey

Oh and one thing I forgot to mention about the removal last week.  A few days later at the beekeepers meeting I was talking with the lady (Marti) in the bee removal video, and she told me that when she went to bed that night whenever she closed her eyes she saw bees swarming around her and it took her a long time to get to sleep.  It's funny she mentioned that because I had almost the same thing happen to me.  When I went to bed that night I told my wife I kept seeing bees relentlessly swarming around me when I closed my eyes.   It was so strange but unlike Marti I was (thankfully) able to conk out in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment